For more than 20 years, Windings has pioneered the development of high-efficiency electric downhole motors and alternators/generators for critical upstream applications in the Oil & Gas industry. As a full-service provider, Windings is a leader in the engineering, prototyping, manufacture, and support of custom electric motors, alternators, and related components designed to survive and perform under the hostile conditions present in Oil & Gas well drilling.
To overcome the limitations and drawbacks of batteries, Windings has developed extremely efficient downhole motors and alternators/generators for downhole applications. Windings offers very high-efficiency power turbine generators (alternators) for Logging While Drilling (LWD) / Monitoring While Drilling (MWD) well-drilling applications.
One of the things that makes Windings unique is our stance on ownership of intellectual property. Unlike most motor manufacturers, Windings offers our clients the option to retain ownership of any unique intellectual property developed during the project, offering maximum flexibility for clients over the life of the product.
Windings has earned a strong reputation as a trusted partner by consistently delivering high-quality products and services that are optimized for the requirements of each application. To ensure the stringent requirements of the Aerospace industry are met consistently, Windings’ Quality Management System (QMS) Certifications include ISO9 001:2015 / AS9100-D, ITAR Registration, RoHS 2002/95/EC, and NADCAP Accreditation. In addition, Windings’ employs J-STD-001 Application Specialists and a J-STD-001 Certified Instructor to ensure the highest quality soldering operations.
DOWNHOLE MOTOR SOLUTIONS FROM WINDINGS OFFER:
- Proprietary insulation system, allowing operation up to 260 degrees C and 30,000 psi
- Highest efficiency (over 90%) permanent magnet construction
- Industry leading torque and high-speed performance capability
- Protection against aggressive media/fluids
- Reliability > 2,000 hours
- Shock tolerance to 50g
- Permanent Magnet DC
- Single- and Three-Phase Induction Motors
- Temperatures to 260°C
- Pressures to 30,000+ PSI
- Aggressive Media/Fluids
- High Aspect Ratio Form Factor (L/D to 50:1)
- Reliability > 2,000 Hrs.
- Shock Tolerance to 50g
- Electrical Efficiency > 90%
- Provider of Custom, Integrated Electromagnetic Solutions
- Focus on Critical Applications in Extreme Environments
- Engineering Partner to Our Customers
- Customer Ownership of Custom IP
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- What does HPHT mean?
High-Pressure High Temperature.
- What is the benefit of using a permanent magnet motor for downhole tooling?
PM motors for downhole offer higher efficiency at larger operating ranges of torque, speed, and power.