For more than 20 years, Windings has leveraged its heritage of engineering electromagnetic solutions for critical applications in Aerospace and Defense to provide electric motor solutions that survive the intense heat and pressure of downhole applications in the upstream Oil & Gas market. The company helped pioneer electrification of downhole tooling, and today offers solutions with unmatched performance, reliability and efficiency.
Windings offers very high efficiency power turbine generators (alternators) for Logging While Drilling (LWD) / Monitoring While Drilling (MWD) well drilling applications, and is a leader in high aspect (L/D) motor engineering and manufacturing for wire line tractor motors and tool string motors used during well intervention.
Downhole motor solutions from Windings offer:
- Proprietary insulation system, allowing operation up to 260 degrees C and 30,000 psi
- Highest efficiency (over 90%) permanent magnet construction
- Industry leading torque and high speed performance capability
- Protection against aggressive media/fluids
- Reliability > 2,000 hours
- Shock tolerance to 50g