Nothing lasts forever, and sometimes things come to an end before you’re ready. If demand exists but your supplier doesn’t, Windings can help.
Windings is happy to provide a quote based on existing manufacturing drawings. When no drawings exist, Windings can deconstruct an existing part sample to re-engineer a design solution and create the necessary manufacturing prints and documents to support future part production. At the client’s discretion, Windings can also provide recommendations for design enhancements to improve performance and / or manufacturability, and update material specifications to lower cost or replace components that have been discontinued or are otherwise no longer available.
Typical client goals for Windings’ reverse engineering capability include:
- Resurrecting obsolete designs
- Extending the life of legacy designs
- Transitioning production to a new supplier
- Analyzing competitive designs
- Generating missing or non-existent manufacturing documentation