A coronavirus update from Windings
Dear Valued Customer,
Like many organizations globally, Windings continues to closely monitor and react to the rapidly evolving COVID – 19 situation. This is a very challenging environment for us all and Windings Leadership has been taking steps to ensure the health and safety of our employees as our top priority by complying with recommended health expert guidelines, while also working hard to maintain our current customer production schedule. Based on guidance from the CDC and the World Health Organization, we have augmented our already robust Business Continuity and Pandemic Response Plan with specific steps to account for COVID-19.
Windings’ supply chain partners are predominantly located in North America, with only a limited number of international suppliers (including a few in China) who provide specific components for specific customers. We have surveyed our top supply chain partners and have yet to hear of any negative impact related to COVID – 19. We will continue frequent communication with our supply chain moving forward to proactively manage component availability. As the domestic situation escalates, however, we now share the same employee-related risks as other organizations that could put our production schedule at risk over the coming weeks and months. Whether supply chain or labor force related, we remain committed to providing customers with as much notice as possible when delivery schedule risks are identified.
As you can imagine, we are being inundated with a significant number of, and wide variety of, customer requests for information and will continue to respond to the best of our ability. With that said, each additional inquiry draws resources away from our top priorities of employee safety and maintaining production. We appreciate your patience as we work to strike an appropriate balance in this effort.
To protect the health and safety of our employees and visitors while mitigating virus-related impacts on our production, Windings leadership has implemented the following policies effective immediately:
- To reduce infection on our workplace – employees and visitors are screened and those with symptoms are asked to go home.
- Key personnel and operations that are a priority to protect and/or replace have been identified.
- Communications with supply chain partners have been escalated to ensure close coordination of activities as the situation escalates and evolves.
- Work-related travel has been limited to essential customer visits only. While still accepting onsite meetings with domestic visitors, until further notice Windings is not accepting international visitors. In addition to our normal ITAR screening, all visitors will now be subject to a health/activity screening process.
- In place of face-to-face meetings, Windings is making use of phone conference calls and web-based meeting tools such as WebEx wherever possible.
- To accommodate social distancing in our production environment, workstations are being relocated to allow the recommended minimum 6’ distance between employees. Where possible, employees will be allowed to work from home.
- Cleaning contractors have started doing a more rigorous cleaning of all meeting rooms, break rooms, entry doors, bathrooms, sinks, doorknobs/handles and surfaces that people touch frequently.
- Cleaning supplies such as disinfectant wipes, sprays and hand sanitizers have been made available to all employees.
This is an unprecedented time for everyone, and the situation is changing daily. We are committed to maintaining our business operations and ensuring you continue to receive the highest quality service without disruption. Should the situation change we will advise soonest. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we navigate this extraordinary event.
VP of Sales & Marketing
Updated March 20, 2020.